Monday, November 13, 2006

Revocation of Rights

In between the hours of work and lunch break, while idly browsing through health articles galore, I made a stunning, if not shocking, discovery:

By sitting in front of a desk and doing little to nothing else, I have relinquished my right to that plate of linguini sitting on the pantry table.


And to think I prepared my own lunch for the day!

(Grumble, grumble, grumble) - > and this isn't my tummy complaining....

-------------------------------------------------------------------
As it turns out, by jockeying a desk from the hours of 9am to 12 noon,
I have consumed a grand total of: 4.8 calories.

My plate of linguini: 250 calories.

My look of dismay: priceless.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Be it ever so escapist,


ignorace.

is.

bliss.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want to know just how much "goody points" (read: calories) you're allowed after an activity, you might want to check this out.

Pretty interesting stuff, too.

Who'd have thought 90 minutes of non-stop kissing would consume 150 calories? (I'd imagine that one's jaws would be pretty numb by that time, though.)

No comments: