Saturday, December 22, 2007

I get my best ideas when....

A recent conversation with a friend went like this:

Tin: When do you usually get your best ideas?
Me: Don't you mean HOW do I get my best ideas?

Tin: No. I don't think you can actually tell exactly HOW you get good ideas. But you can pretty much tell under what circumstances you do get them.

Me: Good point.

Tin: So?
Me: Thinking.

Tin: You get your ideas when you're thinking? DUUUUUH!
Me: I meant I'm thinking about the answer.



Me: Dumbass.


Tin: 'scuse me...



Me: Brushing. I usually get my ideas when I'm brushing my teeth.
Tin: Qualify.

Me: Maybe because when brushing your teeth, you're more focused than usual. I mean, for example, you're at a brainstorm session, right? But even if you're in the session, your attention is in a million places at the same time.

Tin: But when you're brushing your teeth...
Me: ...It's just you, the mirror and your face.

Tin: not very inspiring.
Me: Yah, but you can always look away...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What about you guys out there: When do YOU get your best ideas?

"Don't get me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry..."

No comments: