Monday, March 31, 2008

High School! Can't believe it was ten years ago.

In the spirit of reminiscences and because Iris made me do it...

THINK BACK TO 4th year high school… Let’s see how much you remember and how much you regret..

What section were you?

I was in the star section, which incidentally, was ALSO the bottom section. How's that possible? Go figure.

Who were your seatmates?

Sat beside the class president for the 1st term. When my grades plumetted, i had him move to a different seat for the following grading quarter. But he transferred back when his mom specifically asked he sit beside me again. Pfft, kaya 1st honorable mention lang ako. (waaaah)

Still remember your English teacher?

Definitely. Anne and I terrorized her albeit unknowingly. Honest.

What was your first class?

Not quite sure, but I think it was physics. I can vaguely remember Mrs. Genota making us toss raw eggs into the air at 8 in the morning. As to why, I never did figure out, and I probably never will.

Made friends with the lower years?

I wouldn't go so far as to say I actively sought to make friends with the lower classmen, but I was civil. I pretty much kept to myself and my small circle of friends.

How was your class schedule?

Always 8 hours too long. Dapat 7am assembly, 8 am dismissal. (wish ko lang...)

Made any enemies?

Didn't make friends, didn't make enemies either. I was a virtual Switzerland.

Who was your favorite teacher?

I'm gonna lie and say Molleda, the CAT instructor. If only for the fact it took all of my self-control to NOT laugh whenever she calls out "Harap sa kanaaaaaan. huh!" with the world's most controlled diaphragm contraction.

What sport did you play?

For the most part, volleyball. PE teacher bashing didn't count as a sport in those times - yet.

Were you a party animal?

Closest tjhing I ever got to being one was when I participated in a food fight.

Were you well known in your school?

I'd say yes. If only because EVERYONE knew EVERYBODY in that school. To quote Iris, yes, it's THAT small.

SKIP CLASSES?

This may comes as a surprise for those who've known me as being the designated class geek, but yes, I skipped classes - on several ocassions.

But all under the pretext of "research".

Did you get suspended/expelled?

Nope, but if I did, I'd have called it "distance learning".

Can you sing the alma mater?

"Yah put yer left foot in, yah put yer left foot out..."

What was your favorite subject?

Physics. Because they made us throw raw eggs into the air. And no, I still can't remember why we did that. But it sure was fun!

Did you go to the dances?

Never had one!

Where did you go most often during breaks?

My little band of misfits usually hung out at Pastor Ribo's (the chaplain's) office. No, wait, lemme rephrase that: Pastor Ribo usually hung out at OUR office.

What did you do on the last day of school?

Most vivid memory was when we signed each others' CAT shirts then hung out at Wendy's. In retrospect, it was a pretty boring day.

No comments: