Thursday, June 05, 2008

I've got a dyslexic...

...what's it called?

Okay, context:
I'm set for a presentation at Ayala Avenue. The weather, while it has been kind in that it decided not to drown Metro Manila in rain, was nevertheless feeling puckish with an on-again-off-again rainshower. Needless to say, it was vera, vera, vera muggy.

I KNEW I checked the address. I'm supposed to go to 6748 Ayala Ave. So I figured I'd get off at the Ayala Station and it'll be a short skip and a hop to the building.

I figured wrong.

When I got there, there was no such building. So I checked:

6784 Ayala Avenue.

Fuhreakin' heck.

That's on the other side of Ayala.

In humid weather.

Carrying a prehistoric laptop that weighs a ton.

In heels.

==========

It's times like those you really, really, really wish someone else was with you so you can fabricate some lame excuse why it's their fault and not yours.

No such luck.

Me es sa solo.

It's also funny how pride and ego kicks in at the STUPID-EST of times. Here I was kicking myself for reading an address wrong and complaining about how far off I was.

And instead of taking a bus that would've saved me time and effort.

I decided to walk.

All.

The.

F-ing.

Way.


So while I started from 6750 all fresh and prim and proper like this:









By the time I hit 6780, I was thoroughly EXPIRED like this:










I would've said that I needed glasses, but then I already wear those.

So what else is left to do but to brace myself for yet more shenanigans like these?

I COULD make it a habit to double check stuff before I actually do something.

But then I'd have less to blog about.


And we can't have THAT, can we?



No comments: